The Frontend Developer collaborates cross-functionally to create dynamic websites and reports using cutting-edge Web technologies. You will be working with a tight-knit team that is always ready to look at new ideas to exceed our clients’ expectations to build dynamic, expandable, turn-key applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and integrates frontend application scripting using team standards and practices
- Develops solutions for a variety of code management systems
- Creates digital assets required to complete email and web applications
- Provides technical expertise and representation at external client meetings and uses this information to develop technical specifications for projects
- Works with designers and project managers to assess technical challenges and provides development time estimates of project work
- Generates related documentation
- Evaluates and implements new technologies
- Serves as an on-call resource when necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- Informatics degree or other software development related field plus 3+ year of relevant software development experience.
- Experience integrating with third-party systems.
- Experience developing mobile applications.
- Ability to define problems, find development patterns and optimize front end development processes.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative, open team environment with minimal supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of the following required:
- jQuery, PHP
- Software development processes and technical standards
- JSON, XML, XSLT
- Proficiency in the following desired but optional:
- React, Node.js, AJAX
- SEO, Google Analytics or other
- Email Development Standards
- Exact Target, Marketo, Pardot
- E-commerce packages: Shopify, Shopify Plus, WooCommerce, Shogun
- Accessibility Standards
- CMS: Umbraco, Sitecore or others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arm, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb stairs. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed in client office environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however may vary.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.