DIGITAL TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
The Digital Technical Project Manager plans, schedules, and manages delivery of technology-heavy marketing programs for our clients. This role is responsible for managing client communications, setting expectations, and translating client business needs to requirements, in addition to defining the architecture and executing against technical deliverables. This role partners heavily with our development, database, and analytics teams, analyzing the effectiveness of marketing efforts, and applying learning to continually improve the effectiveness of our programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the client, internal, and external resources to develop comprehensive project plans that coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and documentation for launches, such as checklists, onboarding documentation, and other templates, to be more efficient in maintaining programs and future launches.
- Assigns and oversees the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring project teams are actively working toward established milestones.
- Collaborates with the development, analytics, and creative teams to ensure that processes, content, and design are consistent.
- Reviews and analyzes project data and industry best practices to revise existing campaigns and develop best practices for new campaigns.
- Creates schedules and estimates for assigned deliverables.
- Owns creation and maintenance of project documentation such as Statements of Work, functional and workflow specifications, status reports, and client and internal presentations.
- Self-manages workload against multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Determines and defines clear deliverables, roles, and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Anticipates, embraces, and responds appropriately to changes in project scope.
- Updates and maintains project data in internal systems.
- Responsible for delivery of high-quality client and internal deliverables.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3-5 years of technical project management experience (digital marketing / software development / information technology focus preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience working with external customers to define and implement complex solutions and/or address complex technical/process challenges.
- Proven ability to act as a bridge between technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to interpret and act upon key project metrics.
- Good understanding of digital marketing and current market trends.
- Experienced in effectively working on multiple projects with competing deadlines and timelines in a fast-paced, tech-savvy environment.
- Demonstrated interest and active presence in the digital marketing space.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures as they relate to our business needs.
- Ability to write technical documentation, reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, colleagues and clients.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions that demonstrate good judgment.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative, open team environment with minimal supervision.
- A high level of proficiency in in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office applications, project management tools, and ticketing systems such as TFS, DevOps, Jira, or others.
- Foundational understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Foundational understanding and ability to implement programs through a combination of Agile methodology, sprint cycles, and scrums with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to manage all stages of sprint cycles: planning, execution, review, and retrospective.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb stairs. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed in office environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however it may vary.
The preceding position description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.