DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIST
The Marketing Strategist operates at the intersection of data and creativity, interpreting research and analysis to identify the key insights and define campaign strategy. The successful candidate will be naturally inquisitive, analytic and creative, and be able to turn data, results, outside research, and other documentation into messages that break through to connect with the target audience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead campaign planning to identify objectives, develop messaging strategy, refine target audience, define marketing channels, and recommend performance measures
- Perform situation and competitive analysis to understand client business strategy, market position, and communications needs for business-to-business and business-to-consumer clients
- Work with research and analytics teams to distill findings into insights that inform strategy
- Lead and motivate project stakeholders with well-thought-out ideas and direction
Qualifications and Experience
- Four or more years of experience in marketing or consulting, with a command of the terminology, methods, media channels, and measurement techniques necessary for planning campaigns
- Proven track record of interpreting research and analysis to deliver actionable insights that drive campaign messaging and media strategy
- Team player who excels at collaborating across both creative and analytics teams
- Demonstrate client service excellence and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances while achieving results with accuracy and precision
- The willingness to voice an unpopular opinion in service of our clients’ objectives combined with the tact to build relationships in the process
- Bachelors or Masters in an analytical or business discipline (business administration, market research, economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science)
- A high level of proficiency is required in the following areas:
- Oral and written communication
- Research and analysis
- Documentation skills
- Detail orientation
- Time management
- Problem solving
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, it may vary.
The preceding position description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.