BLACK BOX TESTER
The Black Box Tester serves as a visible and confident advocate of the organization’s quality standards and best practices. Responsibilities include the creation and execution of manual test plans for specific interactive marketing deliverables, as well as ensuring that the project team is adhering to company standards for process, review, and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses strong English communication skills both verbal and written with non-technical groups
- Collaborates with project team members to understand project requirements and technical plans, assist in the determination of project requirements from a test perspective, and identify key performance metrics
- Provides accurate and timely estimates for manual quality assurance deliverables
- Designs manual test plans, test scenarios, and test cases for projects based on functional and technical specifications
- Ensures that the most appropriate, efficient, and cost effective test tools are used for each project deliverable
- Works with the QA/SDET Specialist and potentially contributes to automation efforts
- Acts as an advocate for the end user experience
- Assists the QA/SDET Specialist in ensuring that test standards are updated frequently to address changing technologies and marketing strategies
- Executes test scripts, maintains bug tracking system, files bug reports and repro steps, and generates test pass and code coverage reports
- Performs maintenance checks and tests updates to existing websites
- Interfaces with customer care, customers, and clients to investigate anomalies, as needed
- Responds to occasional after-hours situations and acts in an “on call” capacity as scheduled
Qualifications and Experience
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC)
- One+ years of software test experience with manual testing of both the API and Front-End
- AS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Working knowledge of user interfaces in multiple environments, including mobile and desktop
- Working understanding of localization and globalization principals for web development
- Ability to work on repetitive tasks while maintaining high level of detail
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals and technical procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to technical questions from managers, colleagues, and customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions that demonstrate good judgment
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with competing deadlines and timelines in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative, open team environment with minimal supervision
- A high level of proficiency is required in the following areas:
- Strong technical knowledge of software development processes and technical standards and testing processes, i.e., test code coverage, test case planning, and prioritization, plus practical application of object oriented concepts
- Ability to identify exit criteria, success metrics, etc.
- Understanding of Windows OS environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to type. The employee frequently is required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and climb stairs. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is typically performed in an office environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, it may vary.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
To apply please email us at: Careers@Catalysis.com